How do I setup Outlook 2003 with my Slamdot email account using IMAP?Posted by Daniel on November 6, 2010
The steps below are for setting up your Slamdot email account inside Microsoft Outlook 2003 using IMAP, which is generally good for checking email on multiple devices.
- In Microsoft Outlook, from the Tools menu, select E-mail Accounts.
- On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
- For your server type, select IMAP, then click Next.
- On the Internet E-Mail Settings (IMAP) window, enter the following information:
- Your Name
- Your first and last name.
- E-mail Address
- Your email address.
- User Name
- Your full email address again (must include @yourdomain.com)
- Your email account password.
- Incoming Mail Server (POP3)
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)
- Leave Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) unchecked.
- Click More Settings.
- In the Internet E-mail Settings window, go to the Outgoing Server tab.
- Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Go to the Advanced tab, and change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port to 587.
- Click OK.
- Click the Test Account Settings button under Test Settings. If everything is setup properly, all tests should run successfully and pass.
- If the tests run fine, then click Next.
- Click Finish.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. We are not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by Microsoft or Microsoft Products. Outlook 2003® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.