How do I setup an Android smartphone with my Slamdot email account using IMAP?Posted by Daniel on November 1, 2011
The steps below are for setting up your Slamdot email account on your Android smartphone using IMAP.
- On your Android phone, open your Email application.
- If you already have an email account set up, press Menu and tap Accounts.
- Press Menu again and tap Add account.
- Type your Email address and Password, and click Next.
- Because you're using IMAP, tap IMAP.
- For your incoming server, use the following settings:
- User Name
- Your full email address again (must include @yourdomain.com)
- Your email account password.
- Incoming Mail Server
- Port number
- For the outgoing server, use the following settings:
- Outgoing (SMTP) Server
- Port number
- Security type
- Select Require sign-in and make sure your Username (your full email address) and Password are correct, then Tap Next.
- Tap Next again. Name your account and enter the name you want to display on outgoing messages.
- Tap Done.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. We are not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by Google or Android.