How do I add hyperlinks (or "links") to my website through WordPress?
Posted by Daniel on June 19, 2011
Hyperlinks, or Links for short, consist of two parts: the text that displays on the web page that people will see, and the actual URL/domain name where the link will take someone.
- Type the text you want to appear on the page (this can be the URL or anything else like "visit our vendor's website...").
- Select the text you want to link.
- Click the "Link" button (chainlink icon) in the toolbar.
- Enter the destination URL where you'll be linking to. For an external website use the full URL (http://www.fullURL.com). For a link to an internal page on your own website, just use the part after your website address (i.e. /about-us, or /contact-us).
- Add a Title for the link, such as the name of the company or website you're linking. This is important for search engine optimization, so use keywords when possible.
- Click "Insert" to create the hyperlink.